CALLING FOR RESEARCH POSTER SUBMISSIONS!
You’re invited to submit research abstracts for the poster presentation exhibit that will be displayed at the NAVIGATOR 2020 in Orlando, Florida, USA, April 29 – May 1! Topics include the wide range of subjects related to emergency dispatch research, in any discipline—published or unpublished.
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Is research topic relevant to emergency dispatch?
- Is the poster presentation clear and well organized?
- Is the question posed by the authors well defined?
- Are the methods appropriate and well described?
- Are the data sound?
- Does the conclusion accurately convey what has been found?
- Abstract submissions must be received by Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed by IAED’s Research & Informatics Division and acceptance will be announced no later than Friday, March 6, 2020.
- For accepted abstracts, PDFs of posters are due by Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Posters will be accepted in Dutch, Italian, and German; however, English is preferred.
- Posters will be translated and displayed in English.
- Printed poster size is 42″ wide by 30″ high.
- Displaying a poster at NAVIGATOR grants permission for your abstract and poster to be published in the Annals of Emergency Dispatch & Response (AEDR).
- It is the author(s) responsibility to bring their poster to NAVIGATOR 2020. If an author(s) will not be attending, arrangements can be made.
- If the author(s) will attend NAVIGATOR, they will be invited to present their poster during a session.
From the accepted abstracts and subsequent received posters, IAED’s Research & Informatics Division will select a winning research poster. The winning poster will be announced during the conference’s closing lunch and noted as the winning poster when published in the Annals of Emergency Dispatch & Response (AEDR), the Academy’s peer-reviewed research journal.
Author(s) of the winning poster will also have the opportunity to expand the study into a full original research manuscript (if not yet published in other peer-reviewed journal) for publication consideration in the AEDR.
IAED Research & Informatics Division’s mentorship will be available, if needed.